Volunteer at Bethel Home and Services
Bethel Home and Services welcomes volunteers to work closely with staff to provide programs and projects that are meaningful to the people we serve. Volunteers can work as a part of a team or individually to offer creative programs, resources and ideas to enhance daily activities at Bethel Home, Maplewood Terrace, Bethel Village in Cashton, Bethel Parkside in La Farge, Coulee View in Coon Valley or Bethel Butikk Food Pantry and Thrift Shop in Westby.
Sample Volunteer Opportunities:
- Activities – games, crafts, bingo, seasonal parties
- Gardening – planting, watering, weeding flowers and plants
- Friendly Visitor – visit or read with individual residents
- Country Store – Maplewood Terrace
- Mail Delivery – Bethel Home
- Pet Therapy – visit residents with certified pet visitor
- Memory Care Visitor – read short stories or lead discussions
- Resident Escort – to worship, activities, or appointments
- Comfort Care Visitor – sit with residents who are dying
- Special Event Helper – decorating, set up, and cleanup
- Program – share a hobby or talent
- Butikk Volunteer – sorting, clerking, assisting in food pantry contact Kathy Griffin at 608-634-4208
- For Maplewood volunteer opportunities, contact Jenny Zube at 637-6365
All other volunteer opportunities contact Amanda Warthesen at 637-6358.
All volunteers complete a volunteer application and general orientation.